There’s no need to start your makeup from scratch when you’re going from a day at the office to a night on the town. With a few strategic tweaks, you can take your look from daytime appropriate to after-hours fabulous. Here are 10 easy steps to follow for a flawless day-to-night makeup transformation.
- Start with a clean, fresh face. Use a gentle cleanser and remove all traces of dirt, oil, and makeup. If you’re short on time, you can use cleansing wipes.
- Apply a light layer of foundation or BB cream. You want your skin to look even and smooth, but not cakey.
- Conceal under-eye circles and blemishes as needed.
- Fill in your brows with a pencil or powder that’s one shade lighter than your hair color. This will give you a natural-looking arch.
- Dust a light layer of translucent powder over your T-zone to set your makeup and control shine.
- Sweep a nude or light pink eyeshadow over your lids and blend into the crease. This will brighten up your eyes and make them look wider awake.
- Line your upper lash line with black or brown eyeliner and extend the line slightly past the outer corner of your eye for a subtle cat eye effect. Smudge the liner with a cotton swab for a smokier look.
- Curl your lashes and apply one to two coats of mascara. Focus on the outer lashes for an added flirty touch.
- Swipe on a sheer nude gloss or go bold with a daring red lipstick. Blot with a tissue for long-lasting wearability without looking overdone.
- Set everything in place with setting spray and you’re good to go.
Date Night Makeup Looks
Whether you’re going out for drinks with friends or heading to a romantic dinner, these date night makeup looks will have you feeling confident and fabulous.
- Natural beauty: If you’re opting for a more natural look, start by applying foundation only where you need it. Opting for a natural lash extension will also help you achieve a more natural, yet polished look. Then just add a touch of mascara and lip balm or gloss.
- The bold and beautiful: For a dramatic Date Night look, start by contouring your face to add some dimension. Then, line your eyes with a black or dark brown pencil and smudge the liner for a smoky eye effect. Finish things off with false lashes and red lipstick.
- Retro diva: This date night makeup look is all about Old Hollywood glamor. First, apply a light layer of foundation and set it with powder. Then, use a bronzer to contour your cheekbones and forehead. For the eyes, sweep on a nude or light pink eyeshadow and line your upper lash line with a black liquid liner. Curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara. Finally, swipe on red lipstick or gloss.
- The glam goddess: Go all out with your Date Night makeup by adding some sparkle and shimmer. Start with a light coverage foundation or BB cream and add concealer only where needed. Then, sweep on a shimmery eyeshadow and line your eyes with a glittery gel or liquid liner. For the finishing touch, apply false lashes and coat them generously with mascara.
Easy Contouring Tips
Contouring can seem daunting, but it’s not that difficult once you get the hang of it. With these easy tips, you’ll be contouring like a pro in no time. Here’s how to master the art of contouring:
Pick the Right Products
When it comes to contouring, cream products tend to work better than powder. The powder can be difficult to blend and can look cakey if you’re not careful. Cream products are much easier to work with and will give you a natural-looking finish.
Know Where to Place the Product
When contouring your face, you want to focus on the areas that naturally recede or where you want to create the illusion of more definition. For most people, this means adding product to the hollows of the cheeks, along the jawline, and down the sides of the nose.
Use a Light Hand
It’s important to use a light hand when applying contouring products. Start with less product than you think you need and build up gradually until you’re happy with the results.
Blend, Blend, Blend
The key to successful contouring is blending. Use a damp beauty sponge or a brush to blend the product into your skin until there are no harsh lines.
Conclusion: Removing The Makeup
Now that you know how to do your makeup for a date night, it’s just as important to know how to remove it properly at the end of the night. Use a gentle cleanser and avoid scrubbing your skin too harshly. Be sure to remove all traces of makeup before going to bed to keep your skin healthy and free from breakouts. Follow up with your normal skincare beauty routine to keep your skin looking its best.
With these easy tips, you’ll be able to take your makeup from day to night with ease. Whether you’re going for a natural look or something more glam, a few strategic tweaks can make all the difference. So get out there and enjoy your evening knowing you look your best.