Whether you have an important upcoming business meeting or you are planning your outfit for your new job interview, you may want to change up your tie style by learning how to tie various knots. This article will teach how to tie your tie for work in 5 different ways.
If you want to look strong or powerful, gain a new business deal, or look approachable, different tie styles can completely alter your appearance. Your outfit gives a subtle message to your business partners and customers and paying attention to the small details such as your tie knot is important.
1. Simple Knot
A simple knot will give the appearance of charm and professionalism.
- To tie a simple knot, place the tie on your neck and face the seam toward your shirt, with the thick part of the tie a few centimetres below where you hope the finished knot to fall.
- Pass the thicker end over the front of the thin end and pass under the thin end.
- Then pass the thicker end behind the knot you just made twice. Then thread the thicker end up through the loop and behind the knot.
2. Four-in-hand knot
- Place the tie on your neck with the thicker end at the left. Put the thicker end in front of the thin and place the thicker end horizontally behind the thin.
- Then put the thicker end over the knot you just made and place your finger inside this band to hold it in place. Slide the thicker end into the loop and before tightening it.
- Place the tie around your neck with the thick end on the right hanging at your thigh. Place the thicker end over the thinner making a cross shape.
- Then place the thick end to the back of the thin. Place the thicker end over the top of the cross and pull it tight.
- Secure the thicker end with one hand and place it over the thin. While holding the triangle shape, pass the thicker end over the cross shape from behind and thread the thick end through the loop.
4. Full Windsor
- Allow the tie to hang slightly lbelow your hip. Place the thicker end over the thinner end, creating a cross shape.
- Then thread the thick end under the loop point up behind the cross. Hold the cross in place with one finger and pull the wide end through.
- Then, take the thick end to the back of the knot and thread it through horizontally. Then pass the wide end over the loop to the left side of the thinner end. Form the horizontal band with the thicker end and secure it in place, then thread the wide end under through the loop once more, then thread it through the band you just made.
5. Nicky knot
- Place the tie with its seam outwards and and the thicker end to the left a few centimetres below your desired finish.
- Place the thick end under the thin, creating a cross shape. Then, thread the thick end through the loop and down left of the thin end.
- Place the thick end’s tip around the front of the knot and place a finger under this band and bring the thick end through the loop and down into the loop.
To sum up…
Whether you are planning your outfit for an important business meeting or a job interview, there is a tie style to suit the occasion. Each men’s ties style will send a different message and will suit a different suit style and color. There are tie knots for every outfit and every occasion.