Being on the move continuously can take its toll on the body. Skincare routines are all the more important when your skin is continuously exposed to different temperatures and weather conditions.
Experienced motorcycle riders from the largest all-women motorcycle groups such as the Litas have addressed these issues and have a few tips that are easy to follow.
1. Don’t expose yourself to the sun
UV rays are responsible not just for our skin aging but they can also lead to skin cancer. It is important to keep our skin at all times protected. If we do not have SPF creams, dressing up adequately can also do the trick. Not having exposed skin is essential when motorcycling for safety reasons but it is advisable during road trips too as the sun shining from one side only may expose one side of your body way more than the other.
2. Follow basic hygiene
It goes without saying but you must take care of the most basic things regularly. Take regular showers to keep your body clean and fresh smelling. Avoid overly scented soaps, as they can damage the perfume you wear. Use antiperspirant deodorants. As with soap, avoid any strong odor. Don’t forget to brush your teeth after every sugary meal for that perfect smile!
3. Use Makeup Only When Necessary
Do not apply more makeup than necessary, in this case less is more.
* Use a medium amount of eyeliner when applying makeup.
* Find your exact shade of concealer, and if you have dark circles under your eyes, use it under your eyes and anywhere else you have imperfections.
* To make your face look more feminine, use a facial highlighter and apply it to the high points of your face: the brow bone, cheekbones and bridge of the nose.
* Curl lashes and apply mascara.
* Use two shades of eye shadow colors, apply the lighter one all over the eyelid and the darker one in the crease.
* Find the lipstick color that works for you and wear it, be sure to use a moisturizer before applying lipstick.
4. Take Extra Care of Your Hair
Your hair should be well groomed and clean. Everyone’s hair is different and unique, and all can be attractive if you find the right style. Any color is acceptable, depending on your style. However, avoid bright colors, as they tend to fade and look cheap. If you want to use bright colors, make sure to apply them in shorter intervals.
Your hair should always be shiny and healthy. This means using conditioner and generally keeping it healthy, trimming the ends regularly. If you travel by motorcycle often, you want to avoid helmet hair at all costs! It is best to braid your hair and twist it into a low bun before putting the helmet on!
5. Take Care of Your Health
Riding all day can take its toll on the body and sitting in the same position may be painful after a while. Rest from time to time and don’t power through your pain but use a hemp based roll-on pain reliever like this one from Uncle Bud’s instead or any other topical cream that helps soothe the first signs of pain.
Riding shouldn’t be painful but something that is done with pleasure and you don’t have to neglect your glam looks either!