Menopause is something that every woman goes through in the early 50s. This is a reality that no one can escape. Some women can experience the symptoms much early in their life which is called the perimenopause symptoms. In this phase, the symptoms may arise years before your period stops. The first sign of menopausal symptoms is the change in your period. Sometimes, light or heavy flow may be the first indicator of menopause. An unusual change in the normal pattern of periods indicates that you are close to your menopausal stage. One of the early signs of menopause is that you may have periods for 2 to 3 weeks or not at all for months. Every woman experiences different symptoms based on her lifestyle.
Most common symptoms of menopause are as follows:
- Hot flashes – sudden feeling of heat around the neck, arms, face and chest. In this condition, you start sweating heavily like a slug
- Night sweats – they are synonymous with hot flashes
- Sleep deprivation – of course, when you get hot flashes, you are unable to sleep. It makes you irritated throughout the day
- Lack of concentration
- Mood swings
- Palpitations – irregular heartbeats
- Reduced muscles mass
Menopause may also cause bone problems like osteoporosis. It is highly recommended to consume Vitamin C and Vitamin A in your youth so that your body’s immune system becomes strong enough to fight such conditions. Milk and other dairy products contain calcium which makes our bones stronger.
You can adopt a healthy lifestyle right from you got your first period so that your immune system is healthy enough to fight teh symptoms of menopause in your later years. The following habits must be adopted to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat healthy – clean and healthy eating is the most important thing to do in your early years. Green leafy vegetables and fruits contain fiber and vitamins that boost up your immunity
- Exercise – any kind of physical activity is a must to keep your body in shape. Being overweight can also cause many other diseases like cardiovascular diseases
- Avoid alcohol or smoking – alcohol consumption and smoking may make your menopause symptoms even worse. You do not want those painful cramps or bloating in your perimenopausal stage
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated to avoid hot flashes
As the symptoms of menopause are mostly caused by missing hormones or low estrogen levels, so the best way to treat the symptoms of menopause is hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Hormone replacement therapy
It consists of using estrogen to replace your body’s own levels. You can take estrogen in the form of tablets, injections, skin patches, gels or sprays. Premarin is one such medicine which can do wonders for you in your menopause stage. Always consult your GP before taking Premarin doses. You can see Premarin tablets price by logging onto the website of PricePro Pharmacy. They specialize in selling drugs and medicines at discounted prices.