Breast augmentation surgery is a cosmetic procedure that uses implants such as saline, silicone, or fats, to increase the volume of the breast. This procedure is the most sought after and regularly performed cosmetic surgeries. Breast augmentation has a longstanding and excellent track record of gratifying ladies who want to improve, reclaim, or recover their bodies’ balance.
When Should Breast Augmentation Be Considered?
- If you want a more pleasing or well-proportioned figure.
- If you’re looking for a way to make your clothes look perfect.
- If you believe that it will help you achieve self-confidence.
- When your breasts have changed size and shape, due to loss of weight, childbirth, or aging.
- To help regain symmetry of the breast
Pros and Cons to Consider
The following are the common pros and cons of breast augmentation. Let’s take a look:
- Breast augmentation is a remedy for reaching a desirable physique.
- Clothing and swimsuits will look more sexy.
- You will look younger and more vibrant.
- You’ll have a better sense of proportion.
- They are not permanent and may need to be changed at some point.
- There are typical surgical risks involved, such as an infection and bleeding.
- You may want to have your implants removed later due to significant discomfort, changes in lifestyle, or other problems.
Is Breast Augmentation Your Best Option?
The most typical reasons for seeking breast augmentation are as follows:
- Your breasts appear to be petite for your frame.
- You feel self-conscious when wearing a bikini or clothes that fit your body form.
- At the breast level, outfits that suit your hips are very big.
- Your brassiere does not accommodate your breasts.
- After giving birth, your bosoms have shrunk or become less firm.
- Your breasts have shrunk as a result of your weight reduction.
- Your breasts are notably smaller on one side compared to the other.
- You have saggy boobs that could improve from the procedure as well as a breast lift.
You are a suitable candidate for the procedure if your health is good and you have a positive mindset.
Is the Procedure Safe?
It’s vital for women who have breast implants to remember that they’re not meant to last forever and that replacement may be necessitated. To monitor your implants after breast implant augmentation, you should see a board-certified plastic surgeon on a regular basis.
Breast augmentation procedures are being modified all the time, boosting the procedure’s safety and efficiency. Inquire with your cosmetic surgeon about the facts you’ll need to make a rational choice.
How To Prepare for the Procedure
Your cosmetic surgeon will give you complete preoperative instructions, address any questions or concerns, collect a full medical history, and do a medical examination.
Your plastic surgeon may suggest the following, to monitor and analyze any alterations in your breast tissue:
- A baseline mammogram to determine the health status of breasts.
- A couple months following surgery, another mammography may be performed.
Your cosmetic surgeon will advise you to do the following before your procedure:
- To improve the healing process, quit smoking six weeks prior to the procedure.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs should be avoided because they increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Hydration is critical throughout the entire procedure.
- You may be asked to wear a special bra if your own fat is used for the procedure.
- Ask a friend or family member to accompany you during the whole process.
Will the Results Last?
The results of your breast augmentation will last for a long period in most circumstances; nevertheless, you should be aware that your new implants may need to be renewed at some point. This is why it is critical to see your surgeon routinely.