In the world of mathematics, the equilateral triangle is the one that will be having all sides in equal length. For example, a triangle that will be having all sides equal to 6 cm will be known as the equilateral triangle. The three sides of the triangle will also be equal which is the main reason that three angles of the triangle which will be opposite to be equal sides will also be equal and in this particular case, it is also known as the concept of an equiangular triangle where every angle will be measuring 60°.
As per the professional and formal definition of this particular triangle it will be the triangle that will be having all sides equal in length and the measurement of every angle will also be equal to 60° which very well justifies that every angle will also be congruent to each other. Basic properties of equilateral triangle are explained as:
- All three sides will be equal in length
- All three angles will be congruent and equal to 60°
- It will be a regular polygon with three sides
- The perpendicular drawn from the vertex of the triangle to the opposite side will be bisecting it into two halves
- The orthocentre and centroid of the triangle will be at the same point
- In the cases of equilateral triangle median, the bisector of angle and the altitude of all the sides will be the same
- The area will be under the root three into side square/4
- The perimeter of the equilateral triangle will be three in the length of the side
The comparison of all types of triangles has been done is:
- In the cases of an equilateral triangle, all the three sides will be equal, in the case of the Isosceles triangle any two sides will be equal and in the case of a scalene triangle, all three sides will not be equal.
- In the cases of equilateral triangle all three interior angles will be 60°, in the case of Isosceles triangle angle is opposite to the equal sides will be equal and in the cases of a scalene triangle, all the angles will be of unequal measurements.
It is also vital for the kids to be clear about the theorem associated with the equilateral triangle along with its proof so that there is no problem at the time of appearing in the examination and kids are crystal clear in terms of basic concepts associated with this particular type of triangle. The area of the equilateral triangle will be considered as the region occupied by it into the two-dimensional plane and the formula is under the root three into side Square/four. Depending upon the implementation of this particular formula is very much important for the kids so that there is no query in the minds of kids at the later stages of implementing the things. The perimeter of the equilateral triangle will be three into the side’s measure and this will be known as the sum of all the sides of the triangle. It is also very much vital for the kids to be clear about the formulas associated with the height of the equilateral triangle and it can be found with the help of a formula which is:
Height of equilateral triangle is equal to under the root 3 side/2
The people need to be clear about the centroid of the equilateral triangle and this will be lying into the centre of the triangle because all sides are equal in length which makes sure that it will become very easy to find it. Apart from this, the circumflex Centre of the equilateral triangle will be the point of intersection perpendicular bisector of all the sides and it will pass through all the three vertices of the triangle. Hence, going with the option of registering on platforms like Cuemath is the best way of having a good hold over different types of triangles in the world of mathematics very easily.