The purpose of a mommy makeover is to regain a woman’s body’s form and attractiveness after childbirth. Following pregnancy, numerous women experience alterations in their bodies, such as changes in their breasts, belly, etc. These changes, unfortunately, typically remains after giving birth.
If you have just given birth, then mommy makeover will address these changes. The bosom, belly, genitalia, buttocks, and waist are among the most routinely treated parts of the body.
A single-phase technique is usually used for a mommy makeover. A mommy makeover can be performed using a variety of procedures, such as a liposuction surgery, and several variables should be considered when deciding which procedures are ideal:
- incisions’ location
- total restoration desired
- Implants utilized
What Procedures are Performed?
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- breast lift
- liposuction surgery
- breast augmentation
- tummy tuck
- buttock augmentation
Am I a Suitable Candidate?
The technique for a mommy makeover is very personalized. The sole purpose of getting it done, should be for yourself, and not to satisfy the demands of others, or to conform to some ideal picture.
If you meet the following criteria, you will be a good candidate:
- You don’t anticipate having anymore kids
- You are optimistic about the results and have reasonable goals.
- You’ve reached your target weight.
- You’re physically healthy.
Is a Mommy Makeover Affordable?
The fee for a mommy makeover varies according to the methods chosen in addition to the cosmetic surgeon’s expertise and years of experience. It also depends on your geographic location. The final cost of a mommy makeover will be shared with you during your consultation.
Costs of a mommy makeover typically include:
- Fees for anesthesia services
- Garments following the procedure
- Medical testing
- Hospital or other health facility
-Cosmetic surgeon payment
The number of years of experience as well as your comfort with the cosmetic surgeon are more crucial than the price of the procedure. So, choose wisely, when picking a board-certified plastic surgeon.
During My Consultation, What Should I Expect?
Expect to talk about the following subjects:
- Prior surgeries
- Outcomes of the procedure
- Present or past medical treatments as well as health conditions
- Any current supplements and/or medications
- Tobacco, drug, or alcohol usage
Additionally, your cosmetic surgeon will:
- Discuss possible complications and/or side effects
- Discuss procedures for the mommy makeover
- Assess your overall health condition
- Take pictures before the procedure
- Examine various areas of the body that needs work done
- Measure size of the breasts
- Evaluate quality of the skin and its thickness
Make sure you prepare questions to ask your surgeon. It’s critical to comprehend every facet of your mommy makeover. Also, keep in mind that it’s common to experience some worry. After all, most patients have apprehension about the procedure and their new appearance. Don’t be afraid to express how you feel with your surgeon.
Is it Safe to Have a Mommy Makeover?
The choice to have this procedure is a very personal one. You must choose whether the rewards will help you reach your objectives and whether the risks and possible consequences are reasonable.
Your cosmetic surgeon or team member will go over the dangers of the procedure in great detail. You’ll be required to sign consent paperwork to confirm that you comprehend the procedures you’ll be having in addition to any complications that may arise.
The following are some potential complications:
- blood clots
- leakage of implant
- cardiac problems
- pulmonary issues
How Should I Get Ready for a Mommy Makeover?
You may be advised to do the following in order to prepare for your mommy makeover surgery:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid taking certain medications
- Take prescribed medicines
- Avoid the use of supplements and NSAIDs, since they can cause excessive bleeding