Although there appears to be an endless selection of brushes, there are actually only a handful of brushes for mineral makeup application with endless variations.
Here is an overview of some of the most popular brushes. Click on the link for more information:
- Kabuki Brushes – The Kabuki is by far the most popular bush for mineral makeup foundations. Includes all Kabuki variations.
- Face Brushes – Includes all other face brushes for used for mineral makeup – foundation, mineral veil, all-over-face colors.
- Blush Brushes – also includes brushes used for contouring and highlighting.
- Concealer Brushes – are synthetic brushes that provide dense coverage to hide imperfections.
- Eyeliner Brushes – which one you choose depends on if you want a thin line, a heavier line, or you are going for a smoky eye look.
- Eyeshadow Brushes – come in a wide variety of shapes, styles and sizes for all over coverage or contouring.
More on Mineral Makeup Brushes:
Shopping For Makeup Brushes
I would recommend purchasing your brushes from the same seller as your other mineral makeup. They should have a good assortment and this will save you the expense of shipping & handling charges over purchasing them separately.
If you are looking for brushes from Bare Escentuals bareMinerals or other well
know retailers, look first on eBay, many users sell extra brushes from kits at a nice discount. Just make sure they are new and unused and the seller has great feedback.
Here is a sampling of brushes on eBay: