Are you looking for the one-stop list of the reputable brands offering mineral makeup? This article will provide you information about mineral makeup brands that are reputable because of their quality product offerings. Some of these brands are committed to mineral makeup, while some offer a line of mineral makeup along with the conventional makeup formulations.
Avon, a leading direct seller of skin care and cosmetic products, isn’t one to be left behind when it comes to mineral makeup trends. Avon is your alternative brand if you are looking to save money on your mineral makeup.
Avon’s mineral makeup line was introduced in 2007, and it has undergone many transformations. The largest of which is the selection of available colors, because it only offered a minimal amount of shades when first introduced. The mineral foundation from Avon comes with a natural SPF because of zinc and titanium dioxide. It does include ingredients that can benefit the skin, such as retinyl, tocopherol, kaolin clay, and ascorbyl palmitate.
- Avon Smooth Minerals Foundation Bronze Powder
- Avon Mineral Powder Foundation Ideal Shade
- Avon True Color Smooth Minerals Blush
- Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation
- Avon Smooth Minerals Eye Shadow Cocoa Glow Powder
Bare Escentuals’ bareMinerals makeup line is the best-known mineral makeup brand in the US, and perhaps the world. It’s the pioneering brand in the mineral makeup world, and it offers the most comprehensive line of color mineral products for the face, cheeks, and eyes. They have also ventured into mineral-based skincare.
This brand was founded by a teacher who was simply looking for a healthier alternative to her makeup, after finding out that it contains a lot of nasty ingredients. They released a matte foundation to meet the growing demand for a bismuth-free mineral foundation.
- bareMinerals Original Foundation
- bareMinerals All-Over Face Powder
- bareMinerals Barepro Performance Wear Powder Foundation
- bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF
- Bare Minerals Blush Highlighters
The creator of Colorescience Mineral Makeup is also the inventor of the mineral makeup concept and creator of Bare Escentuals’ bareMinerals. Unlike traditional makeup, Colorescience products have been shown to have a positive effect on the actual condition of the skin. The micronized minerals used are naturally anti-inflammatory and uniquely formulated to protect and correct the skin.
What’s special about Colorescience products is that it’s usually in the form of concentrated loose powder formula with their advanced “Genie bottle” applicator. It takes the mess out of mineral makeup, but it makes a little go a long way.
- Colorescience Sunscreen Daily UV Essentials, Whipped Mineral Sunscreen, and Brush-On Sunscreen Powder
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Brush
- Colorescience Brow Kit, Mineral Eyebrow Makeup Powder & Shaping Brush
- Colorescience Natural Finish Pressed Foundation SPF 20
- Colorescience Bronzing Perfector Face Primer
Glo Skin Beauty
Glo Skin Beauty, formerly Glo Minerals, offers a full spectrum of skincare and mineral makeup. Its mineral makeup products are designed to work as an extension of skincare. Their mineral makeup is award-winning, skin-nourishing and delivers top-notch coverage and UV protection.
Glo Skin Mineral Makeup is available in pressed, loose, and in liquid form. It calls itself a makeup system formulated for skincare professionals. Besides the usual ingredients found in mineral makeup, the brand includes antioxidant blends made from Vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as green tea extract. It also comes with a broad spectrum of UVA and UVB sun protection.
- Glo Skin Beauty Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation
- Glo Skin Beauty Loose Base Makeup Powder Foundation
- Glo Skin Beauty Blush
- Glo Skin Beauty Under Eye Duo Concealer
- Glo Skin Beauty HD Mineral Foundation
Iluminare (pronounced il-loo-min-ah-ray) Cosmetics is the world’s first liquid mineral makeup line, and the only brand to use patented sunscreen boosters that make minerals even more useful. It offers liquid mineral foundation ideal for those who want the benefits of mineral makeup, but don’t want to use loose powders. It’s especially beneficial for people with dry skin.
This liquid mineral makeup does not contain perfumes, plant extracts, artificial dyes, animal derivatives, talc, mica, bismuth oxychloride, petroleum, or any other ingredients that may harm sensitive skin. They create superior-performing makeup and sunscreen in one.
- ILLUMINARÉ Concealing Mineral Foundation
- ILLUMINARÉ Moisturizing Mineral Foundation
- ILLUMINARÉ Mattifying Mineral Foundation
- ILLUMINARÉ Perfect Color Mineral Blush
- ILLUMINARÉ UltraShine Mineral Lip Gloss
Looking for makeup that doubles as skincare? Jane Iredale is a foreign beauty brand that’s locally available and known for its mineral-based products that provide ample coverage and even treat the skin. Its best-selling powder is pure and gentle that even dermatologists and plastic surgeons were recommending it to their patients as it can soothe and cover up redness and protect the skin.
This upscale line of mineral makeup includes three different foundations – pressed, loose, and liquid, as well as an entire line of makeup. Jane Iredale is a safe makeup line made f state-of-the-art minerals. It offers makeup with a highly-sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments that are micro-pulverized using a proprietary technology that processes to form microscopic flat crystals. These crystals overlap one another on the skin to create a filter that allows the skin to function normally while protecting it from the sun and airborne pollutants. It also offers a silky feeling while remaining water-resistant. It doesn’t settle on the lines and creases on the face.
- jane iredale Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder
- jane iredale PurePressed Mineral-Based Powder
- jane iredale Liquid Minerals A Foundation
- jane iredale Eye Shadow Kit
- jane iredale Purepressed Eye Shadow Duo
Laura Geller is a makeup brand popularized by the TV shopping channel QVC. Renowned makeup artist Laura Geller started this brand after being successful working in Broadway and being behind the scenes with celebrities and socialites. She believes that beauty is for everyone and that it must be uncomplicated.
This is the reason why Laura Geller makeup products are easy to use and safe. Its baked powders can be used as a foundation and are proven to even out the skin tone and create a healthy glow. It offers decent coverage and is available in both light and medium shades.
- Laura Geller New York Double Take Baked Versatile Powder Foundation
- Laura Geller New York Filter First Luminous Foundation
- Laura Geller New York Baked Radiance Cream Concealer
- Laura Geller New York Baked Balance-N-Brighten
Mary Kay is one of the first mainstream companies to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon. They make a weightless mineral powder foundation that provides buildable coverage and blends effortlessly.
However, like many mainstream cosmetic brands, they added many ingredients to their formula. Their mineral makeup products are unlike your typical mineral makeup – its ingredients vary a bit from other mineral foundations. The first ingredient listed in Mary Kay’s makeup is talc, with cornstarch listed as second. It doesn’t come with titanium dioxide – the primary ingredient used in most mineral foundations. It doesn’t contain bismuth, and it doesn’t have an SPF claim in their products.
- Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation
- Mary Kay Sheer Mineral Pressed Powder
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color
- Mary Kay Mineral Foundation Brush
Mineral Hygienics offers a good selection of bismuth-free mineral cosmetics. The staying power of their makeup products is impressive, as it stays on longer and better than most brands. As the brand suggests, Mineral Hygienics prefer using the purest minerals in its product line, avoiding fillers, binders, and harsh chemicals that can harm delicate skin.
Before pivoting to makeup, Mineral Hygienics was a skincare business. They work on creating a line of skincare products that combat acne without harsh chemicals. They ensure that their products do not only meet the latest safety standards but also use as few ingredients as possible.
- Mineral Hygienics Sheer Mineral Foundation
- Mineral Hygienics Makeup Blush
- Mineral Hygienics Brow Pencil
- Mineral Hygienics Waterproof Mascara
- Mineral Hygienics Matte Finishing Powder
Physicians Formula cosmetics started as an act of love, so you can rely on it to be kind and gentle to your skin. It originated in 1937 when leading allergist Dr. Frank Crandall created it as an expression of love for Edith, his wife, who was suffering from lupus and wanted to have makeup that won’t aggravate her sensitive skin. Since then, Dr. Crandall continued with his concept of youthful beauty. To this day, the brand offers cosmetics that are hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin and eyes, and minimalistic – meaning it doesn’t contain any other harsh ingredients found in other personal care items.
Physicians Formula brand offers mineral makeup products in the form of foundations, concealers, bronzers, and blush that highlights the face’s natural beauty while leaving it looking and feeling healthy.
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Pressed Powder
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Correcting Powder
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Loose Powder
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Pressed Powder SPF 30
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Blush
Pur Minerals describe their mineral makeup as a “makeup with a purpose.” Their mineral-based, skin-friendly makeup products that are expertly formulated to transform the complexion and diminish imperfections. It’s a clinically-proven skincare brand which products receive a lot of rave reviews. Pur claims that their products are clinically formulated to offer better-looking skin in a minute and healthier skin after 60 days. Their products are cruelty-free, environmentally responsible, and free of toxic ingredients that can harm the skin in the long run.
Pur Minerals pressed mineral foundation is one of the best mineral makeup in the market. It doesn’t look heavy on your skin; it only needs a very light sweep across the makeup to get enough on your brush. It can give medium to full coverage with minimal effort. If you want to use mineral makeup, but don’t want loose powder, their foundation is the one to try.
- PÜR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Broad Spectrum
- PÜR Afterglow Illuminating Powder and Highlighter
- PÜR Balancing Act Mattifying Skin Perfecting Powder
- PÜR 4-in-1 Liquid Foundation
- PÜR Perfect Fit Eyeshadow Trio
Sheer Cover is made famous by TV personality Leeza Gibbons with her long-running infomercial. The Sheer Cover mineral makeup collection is made of an ultra-advanced formula that reduces redness, dark circles, rosacea, and birthmarks. It stays true to its name.
Many users prefer Sheer Cover’s matte finish over the more popular bareMineral’s glow. The natural minerals in Sheer Cover are light, finely ground, and easy to apply and cover all kinds of imperfections. Their mineral foundation does not contain perfumes, oils, talc, and dye, making it gentle to the skin. They use pure mineral pigments that lay on top of the skin to provide beautiful coverage, while mica works to minimize the look of fine lines in the skin.
- Sheer Cover Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation
- Sheer Cover Flawless Face Kit – Perfect Shade Mineral Foundation Conceal & Brighten Highlight Trio
- Sheer Miracle SPF 30 Premium Loose Mineral Foundation Makeup
- Sheer Cover Sophisticate Look Face Palette For Eyes, Lips, and Cheeks
- Sheer Cover Base Perfector Primer
Founded more than two decades ago, Serious Skincare focuses on addressing acne and problematic skin. The brand strives to make transformative products that are both affordable and effective. They use potent quantities of acne-fighting and anti-aging ingredients as a solution to any problematic skin concern.
It entered the mineral foundation market by introducing its Bella Rose ProMinerals Foundation. It came with a built-in applicator with a mirror on top. This foundation is finely milled to make it give a smoother finish and more straightforward application. This product doesn’t contain any bismuth oxychloride, which causes itching and irritation to some users.
- Serious Skin Care ProMinerals Loose Mineral Foundation
- Serious Skin Care PRO Minerals Loose Mineral Eye Liner & Shadow Suede
- Serious SkinCare Mine-Roll Loose Mineral Eye Color
Developed and established by Pauline Youngblood, a paramedical aesthetician, Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics offer high-quality, professional-grade makeup that nourishes the skin. The brand considers its mineral makeup as a final step for skincare. Their makeup products are formulated with clean and gentle ingredients that are good enough for use even on the most sensitive skin. Their makeup is non-comedogenic and gentle sufficient to conceal post-treatment redness from different facial procedures. It’s also suitable for skin with inflammatory conditions like acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
Their foundation offers a weightless, adjustable coverage, thanks to its finely milled natural mineral ingredients. The minerals are triple-milled to help nourish and shield the skin with sun-protection and anti-inflammatory properties. Youngblood foundation offers a silky and versatile finish that looks healthy and long-lasting. Their foundation offerings come in three different formulas – pressed, loose, and liquid.
- Youngblood Natural Loose Mineral Foundation
- Youngblood Clean Luxury Cosmetics Liquid Mineral Foundation
- Youngblood Pressed Mineral Foundation
- Youngblood Pressed Mineral Eye Shadow
- Youngblood Clean Luxury Cosmetics Mineral Radiance Moisture Tint
Once you purchase makeup from any of these brands and want a custom makeup bag Personalized by Kate can make you one.