It is not difficult for you to join the league of Home Inspectors in Las Vegas NV but you will need a great deal of understanding about different types of home, plumbing, electricity, heating and cooling systems amongst others to be competitive in this industry.
If you are already thinking of pursuing a career in this growing field you needn’t attend college to pursue a bachelor’s degree to earn a license. Each state has its own qualification criteria and requirements for granting license to interested candidates.
If you are worried about the salary package for home inspectors in Nevada, they earn fairly well. The average annual salary for a home inspector in the state of Nevada is $72,090 per year or $34.66 per hour.
For a self employed home inspector, your salary largely depends on the number of home inspection visits you are able to fit in your schedule. You can increase your hourly wage rate if you become an authority in the field.
Are you ready to become a home inspector in Los Angeles or Nevada at large. See how you can get started in the next section.
How Do I Become A Home Inspector?
Understand that the requirements for meaning licensure varies from state to state. What I am about to share here is for people aiming to start a career in the state of Nevada at large.
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or must have completed the General Educational Development Test (GED).
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You have to complete an amount of approved classroom education before you are granted the license to practise. The classroom hours requirement varies from one level to another. There are 40 hours of classroom classes for a residential inspector, 50 hours for a general inspector and 60 hours for a master inspector.
- The next step is to pass the Inspector of Structure Examination.
- Thereafter you are to fulfill the observation requirements of observing 25 inspections performed by a licensed inspector or attend a 25 inspection course.
- Upon the successful completion of the aforementioned, you are to file for your license with the Nevada Secretary of State.
- The last thing is to get liability insurance.
How To Launch Your Career As A Home Inspector In Los Angeles
The home inspection career is one that thrives on your ability to build relationships. Beyond being competent and certified by leading home inspection associations you must hone your people’s skills.
A sensible way to get connected with future clients is to get to know your local real estate agents and brokers. Through them, you will have access to first-hand information concerning home inspection jobs in the neighbourhood and they can also recommend you for a job if you have earned their trust.
It is also recommended that you attend real estate events around the state to network with agents and other professionals.